Hibiscus tea made from the hibiscus flower (Hibiscus sabdariffa) may help control cholesterol and thereby reduce the risk of heart disease. Scientists stated that the extract from the hibiscus flower significantly lowered the cholesterol content in the blood serum of lab animals and successfully prevented oxidation of low-density lipoprotein. The extract has also been used in folk medicine to treat high blood pressure and liver disorder.
Besides lowering high blood pressure and high cholesterol this healthful hibiscus beverage has several characteristics that make it much more valuable than conventional teas:
- Hibiscus and hibiscus mint tea are caffeine free
- Hibiscus tea is also rich in Vitamin C
- Hibiscus tea has unique delicious taste
- Hibiscus teaY has a smooth pleasant fragrance
- Hibiscus tea has a distinctive vibrant natural colour
- Hibiscus tea is great served hot or cold