- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh peeled and grated ginger
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 0.5 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Using the flat edge of a chef knife scrape and rub the salt into the garlic to make a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use to marinate beef, chicken, lamb or pork
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
An excellent recipe for crusted chicken. A flavorful crust and a juicy interor....you can cut it with a fork. Try serving it with Sage-Butter Sauce and Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary.
- 2 whole Chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tbl. Cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup Dry, course bread crumbs
- 1 Tbl Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tbl. Olive oil
- Sage-Butter Sauce
- 3 tbl Shallots minced
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbl Unsalted butter cold, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt,white pepper,cayenne to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fresh sage minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare the chicken by halving and then halving again lengthwise. (Whole chicken breast are a bit too big. Making smaller pieces ensures that the coating will not burn before the chicken is cooked through.) Pound to about 1/2 inch thick. Blend the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice with a fork in a wide, shallow dish; set aside. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and zest in a second wide, shallow dish.
- To crust the chicken breasts, dip each in the egg white mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs. Then transfer the chicken to a rack set over a baking sheet. Air-dry the chicken for 20-30 minutes to help set the crumbs.
- To cook, first saute the chicken on the stove in an ovenproof skillet. As you put the chicken in the pan, lay it towards you. This way each piece will rest on top of any crumbs that fall off. Saute until the chicken is golden and crisp on one side, then carefully flip the pieces over. Cook until golden. Finally, transfer the whole pan to a 450 degree oven to finish. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven. If you are serving this with Sage-Butter Sauce and Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, begin roasting the potatoes while the chicken is air drying on the rack, then prepare the sauce and keep it warm in a warm water bath. It will hold just fine for at least an hour.
- 4 Chicken boneless/skinless half-breasts (pounded to even thickness)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 4 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Italian parsley
Combine flour, salt, and oregano in a shallow bowl.
Heat the oil, butter, and garlic in a skillet.
Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in skillet.
Saute the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown.
Flip the breasts and add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Saute chicken until cooked completely.
Remove chicken from skillet and place on serving plate(s).
Add the wine to the mushrooms and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon mushrooms and sauce over chicken, garnish with Italian parsley and serve.
- 2 Chicken breast halves shredded
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup , cream of chicken or celery can be used
- 1 cup Pace Salsa mild
- 3 cups Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Enchilada sauce mild
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Salt
Cover chicken with water, add salt and boil until cooked. Shred once cooled. Save broth. Prepare cream of mushroom as indicated using broth. Add the salsa and chicken and stirr. Remove from heat and add 1 cups of cheese. Taste for salt, but you probably won't need any. Fill the tortillas with about 2 spoons of the chicken mixture and roll. Place in pan. Top with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted. Enjoy!!
Spicy Baked Salmon
- 500 grams Salmon filets
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Onion minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 teaspooons Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil
Combine all seasoning ingredients and spread over the surface of the salmon. Bake (skin-side down) in a 350 F oven for 30 - 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
If you're grilling it, do so over high heat for 10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness. Do not turn the salmon over.